Monkey Business Institute closures in response to the COVID-19 situation
As the situation around the Coronavirus (COVID-19) evolves rapidly, the response from Monkey Business Institute has changed to address growing public health concerns. The health and well-being of our performers, audiences, staff and community is of the highest priority, and we have made the difficult decision to suspend all our public programming for the next several weeks.
Effective March 18, all performances and classes will be suspended until at least April 6, 2020. This includes classes, Mirth Madness events, and Mr. Dave’s Gift benefit show at The Brink Lounge on May 7. Moreover, all regular shows at the Glass Nickel will be cancelled through at least May 7. We will continue to monitor the situation and make decisions about events beyond April 6 accordingly.
We are currently in the process of developing alternative formats for presenting our shows and class materials, through online streaming offerings and live video events. Stay tuned for these exciting new ways to experience our award-winning improv, and help support us in these uncertain times by subscribing to or virtually attending some of these offerings. UPDATED: Join us for our first ever livestreamed show!
Because we rely on our performances and classes to keep our business running, Monkey Business Institute will be significantly affected by this closure. Due to the financial impact on our business and operations, we welcome our audiences to continue to support us in the following ways:
- Merch. Visit our online store to purchase t-shirts, water bottles, mugs, tote bags, and the like.
- Gift cards. Purchase gift cards for future shows for yourselves or friends and family.
- Streaming shows and classes. Watch for our new streaming offerings and subscribe when they become available. We are developing alternative formats for presenting our shows and class materials, through online streaming offerings and live video events. Got a corona-approved idea that you’d like to see us do? Share your idea with us at email@example.com
- If you have purchased tickets to an upcoming show, please consider one of the following options in lieu of a refund:
- We can exchange your ticket for a future performance at no cost
- We can convert your ticket purchase into a donation
- You can gift the Monkey Business experience to a friend (or yourself!) by converting your ticket into a gift certificate for future use
We recognize that this is a difficult time for everyone, and in particular for precarious workers – artists, freelancers, service workers, who all make up a part of our community. While limiting gatherings and physical interactions is encouraged at the moment, there are still ways to check in with and support friends and loved ones.
Stay safe, and take care of each other.
Monkey Business Institute
Posted in: News
Last updated on: March 20, 2020